General Profile

The history of the library of Unika Soegijapranata began with the establishment of Atma Jaya University branch in Semarang in 1964. When the institution changed its name to Catholic Institute of Technology Semarang (ITKS) in 1972, the library continued to operate and support learning activities. In 1982, when ITKS changed its name to Soegijapranata Catholic University, the library received more attention in line with the increasing learning activities under the new institution. In 1987, the library relocated from Jl. Pandanaran 100 to the new campus location at Jl. Pawiyatan Luhur IV/1 Bendan Dhuwur Semarang, occupying one of the rooms in the Albertus building with an area of ​​approximately 120 square meters.

In 1990, the library moved to the Mikael building on the 1st and 2nd floors, occupying a space of 1200 square meters. In 2000, the collection space was shifted from the 2nd floor to the 4th floor.

On July 31, 2002, the library unit officially occupied the Thomas Aquinas building. In the 8-story building with an area of ​​12,544 square meters, the library occupied floors 1, 2, 3, and 5 with a total area of ​​7590 square meters.


Web Online Public Access Catalog - Use the search options to find documents quickly